Hi,

> The concern:  The README points folks to openoffice.org and
> http://hunspell.sourceforge.net.

And in your view is this a blocker and requires another release candidate or
can we fix in the next release?

> 1) Are we sure it is ok to add the asdoc into the source package?

There is no requirement to put it in a separate package and most apache
projects don't have separate zip for docs, http seems about the only exception
and in it's case that makes sense you don't normally deploy docs about http
server live. IMO With a library you do want the docs with the source so that
people using the code know how to use it.

> I would have to add those files as exceptions during a RAT run to get clean
> results.

You can ignore them or pass a -e or -E option to rat.

> 2) And if you do decide to tweak that, should the binary packages be in a
> binaries folder on dist?

Again there is no requirement to do that and it varies from project to project
/ release to release how the release area is organised.