On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 12:29 AM, OK <okrue...@edscha.com> wrote:

> OmPrakash Muppirala wrote
> > Are you using the command prompt or Cygwin?
>
> Command prompt. Is Cygwin needed or a better way?

Not necessarily.  I have Cygwin installed and it seems to work fine.  I
have not been able to test without Cygwin.  If we can use FlexJS on Windows
without Cygwin, that would be a big win.

What error do you get when you simply try to run asjsc without the full
path on Command Prompt?

> OmPrakash Muppirala wrote
> > I don't think mxmlc is supposed to work with this project.  We are having
> > lengthy discussion about this in another thread.  Try compiling any
> > project
> > under examples/flexjs with mxmlc.  Projects under examples/native will
> > work
> > fine with asjsc.
>
> I only followed your instructions like a monkey: ;-)

Not your fault.  The instructions were incorrect :-)

> OmPrakash Muppirala wrote
> > Windows:
> > mxmlc
> >
> "C:\Users\omuppirala\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\flexjs\examples\native\USStatesMap\src\USStatesMap.as"
>
> Just tested "examples/flexjs/DataBindingExample" and it works, great!

Awesome!

> OmPrakash Muppirala wrote
> > Not sure how to test this at this point.  Once we resolve the discussion
> > in
> > that other thread, we should be able to make progress on this use case.
>
> Probably we talk past each other.
> I'd like to simply call the generated .js file in a browser.
> I looked at the generated "examples/flexjs/DataBindingExample/index.html"
> and modify it.
> And this works for me, so the asjsc test is successful also:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <head>
>

> </head>

That's perfect. We are discussing if we should have asjsc generate this
simple html file by default so that newcomers like you have a better first
impression and an easier starting point with FlexJS.

> One last, perhaps stupid question:
> Is there a difference between the FlexJS installation that is installed by
> using the standard installer respectively your node module?

Techinically, there should be no difference.  They should exactly be the
same.  If there are differences, they would be considered bugs.  I have not
ported over the IDE based stuff from the Installer because this is intended
only for command prompt usage via node/npm.

> At least your node module encourage me to get in touch with FlexJS for the
> first time!
> Thanks for that and for providing this cool node module!!!

That is great to hear.  That is exactly the idea.  Installing via the
Apache Flex Installer seems like a cumbersome way to introduce newcomers to
FlexJS.  And managing projects using npm seems to be the in thing in the
JavaScript world today.  Hence this attempt :-)

Thanks again for trying this out!

Regards,
Om