On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 3/9/16, 12:11 PM, "omup...@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omup...@gmail.com on behalf of bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Just a few notes:
> >
> >1.  I see several releases that did not happen in the last quarter.  Is
> >that necessary?
>
> We've been doing this for several reports.  The board likes to see the
> latest release date and because we have several releases, I list them all.
>  IMO, it makes us look like an active project and makes us think about if
> any release is getting too stale.
>
> >2.  I would like to see a note about work towards flexjs npm module
>
> Will add.
>
> >3.  The numbers look okay to me.  For TDF, I'd say get the numbers just
> >for
> >this quarter.  If you get the uniques, they will be only for the date
> >range
> >you specify.
>
> Not sure what you meant here.  I'm not sure how much the board cares about
> TDF traffic.  It was a useful data point when TDF was a recent release,
> but now I'm wondering if it is worth reporting at all.  The 65,000 number
> is for the uniques since the first TDF release.  Should the numbers for a
> quarter be the uniques or not and why will the board care?  How does TDF
> traffic today help us gauge the health of the project?

Okay I see what you mean.  Unless they will go back and see the previous
report's numbers, it is better if we make it easier and say - XXX hits
since release.
I think it is a pretty good indicator because it is our kitchen sink app,
which folks would be most likely want to see if they are interested in the
product.

> >4.  Most importantly, can we get some feedback on what the Board has to
> >say
> >about the report and Apache Flex project?  Would be nice to see this
> >feedback shared with the community.  Right now, the board meetings are a
> >bit of a black box.
>
> Hmm.  I wonder if board comments are public or if I have to ask first?

I think it's best to ask first.

> Any actionable responses result in some email from me on the dev@ list at
> some point in time.  The two comments on the last report were about using
> JIRA to track any code adoptions, and that one board member liked the
> format of the report.

I guess what I am trying to see if the board has any suggestions or
feedback for us as a whole.  It would be nice for the community to see what
the ASF actually thinks about this project and its health.

Thanks,
Om