Hi,

> IMO, that isn't PAYG.  Container shouldn't need to carry around such code
> unless the app developer needs to changes styles at runtime.
>
> Whatever code you needed to make this work should be wrapped up as a bead
> so folks can add the code if they need it.

OK.

Let's say the have a bead called UpdateStyleBead that updates styles in that
way (1 line of code).

What shoudl trigger that call when a style changes happens? As far as I can see
there's no “styleChange” event. There is a “valueChanged" event but that fires
for binding which seem too heavyweight for me.

Is there a guide to writing beed anywhere that more more detail than these?
[1][2]

1.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Contributing+to+the+FlexJS+Framework
2. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Creating+Components