When you change one of the properties of BindableCSSStyles it dispatches a
valueChange event. You need to make a bead, like SolidBackgroundBead
(which is SWF only) listen for this event and then redraw itself using the
new style(s) that were changed. I am hoping that the JS side "just works"
but I haven't see that happen yet.

I'm experimenting now with SolidBackgroundWithChangeNotifierBead (what
Alex suggested) to pick up this change and cause the background bead to
redraw.

Will keep you posted (although it is nearing the end of my work day, so
look for more tomorrow).

‹peter