I had to figure it out as well and looked at FlexJSStore. You use
<js:style> to add this to a component, like a Container:

<js:style>
        <js:BindableCSSStyles id="borderStyles" borderStyle="solid"
borderWidth="1"
                               borderColor="#FFFFFF"
backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"/>
</js:style>

Then you use the id to change it: borderStyles.backgroundColor = "#CCCCCC";

I can't get it to work, though.

I'm not sure what the "Bindable" part is yet. Doing
backgroundColor="{someColor}" doesn't do an initial set either. There must
be a bug.

‹peter