Hi Aljoscha,

it would be great if we can include the first version of the SQL client (see FLIP-24, Implementation Plan 1). I will open a PR this week. I think we can merge this with explicit "experimental/alpha" status. It is far away from feature completeness but will be a great tool for Flink beginners.

In order to use the SQL client we would need to also add some table sources with the new unified table factories (FLINK-8535), but this is optional because a user can implement own table factories at the begining.

Regards,
Timo