I agree with the basic idea. I think there is no need to call it "soft
feature freeze" though - it is a feature freeze (no new features get
merged) ;-)

What you are suggesting is to delay forking of the release-1.5 branch to
avoid applying the bug fixes to too many branches. That makes sense.
In effect, there is a period of one week (next week) where no post 1.5
features can be merged (feature freeze but release branch not forked),
which should be okay.

Best,
Stephan

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com