Local state recovery is almost completely done. Only some reviews and
merging of the final PRs is pending.

The network stack improvements are on a good way to be finished by the end
of this week or beginning of next week. To my knowledge we got recently
green Travis builds :-) The network stack changes will also include the
application level flow control and the back pressure based checkpoint
alignment. So only the last reviews and merging is missing.

Concerning Flip-6, I'm currently working on enabling Flip-6 by default.
There are still some smaller things left to be done but I'm confident that
we can resolve them quickly.

I agree that due to the big changes we should have a very thorough and
principled testing period where we put Flink through the paces.

Cheers,
Till