As Aljoscha said we wanted to do 1.5 soon after 1.4 based on the assumption that the 3 big features (FLIP-6, network stack changes, local state recovery) are nearly done.

I'm unsure about local state recovery, but I still see open issues for FLIP-6 and the network stack rework.
As such it doesn't make sense to release 1.5 now.

Given the large scope of these features I would very much prefer to have them active on master for a while before a feature-freeze
to expose them to a wider audience.

IMO it will take at least another month before we can start the release process for 1.5, i.e. the feature freeze.
(2 more weeks for implementation, 2 weeks on master for the dust to settle)