+1

I did some testing on a Google Cloud Dataproc cluster (it gives you a managed
YARN and Google Cloud Storage (GCS)):
  - tried both YARN session mode and YARN per-job mode, also using bin/flink
list/cancel/etc. against a YARN session cluster
  - ran examples that write to GCS, both with the native Hadoop FileSystem and
a custom “plugin” FileSystem
  - ran stateful streaming jobs that use GCS as a checkpoint backend
  - tried running SQL programs on YARN using the SQL Cli: this worked for YARN
session mode but not for YARN per-job mode. Looking at the code I don’t think
per-job mode would work from seeing how it is implemented. But I think it’s an
OK restriction to have for now
  - in all the testing I had fine-grained recovery (region failover) enabled
but I didn’t simulate any failures