I'm happy to announce that we have unanimously approved this candidate as
the 1.9.0 release.

There are 12 approving votes, 5 of which are binding:
- Yu Li
- Zili Chen
- Gordon Tai
- Stephan Ewen
- Jark Wu
- Vino Yang
- Gary Yao
- Bowen Li
- Chesnay Schepler
- Till Rohrmann
- Aljoscha Krettek
- David Anderson

There are no disapproving votes.

Thanks everyone who has contributed to this release!

I will wait until tomorrow morning for the artifacts to be available in
Maven central before announcing the release in a separate thread.

The release blog post will also be merged tomorrow along with the official
announcement.

Cheers,
Gordon