Hi all,

I'd like to discuss dropping vendor-specific deployment documentation from
Flink's official docs. To be clear, I am *NOT* suggesting we drop any of
the filesystem documentation, but the following three pages.

AWS:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/deployment/aws.html
Google Compute Engine:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/deployment/gce_setup.html
MapR:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/deployment/mapr_setup.html

Unlike the filesystems, these docs do not refer to components maintained by
the Apache Flink community, but external commercial services and products.
None of these pages are well maintained and I do not think the open-source
community can reasonably be expected to keep them up to date. In
particular,

   - The AWS page contains sparse information and mostly just links to the
   official EMR docs.
   - The Google Compute Engine page is out of date and the commands do not
   work.
   - MapR contains some relevant information but the community has already
   dropped the MapR filesystem so I am not sure that deployment would work (I
   have not tested).

There is also a larger question of which vendor products should be included
and which should not. That is why I would like to suggest dropping these
pages and referring users to vendor maintained documentation whenever they
are using one of these services.

Seth Wiesman