Hi,

> It looks like this feature still messes up email addresses, for example if
> you do a "git log | grep noreply" in the repo.

I’ve checked my appearences on that list (git log | grep noreply) and they
happened couple of times, when I actually used squash and merge (I wanted to
squash fixup commits from within the UI) instead of rebase and merge. I still
think rebase and merge is working as expected, without altering the the author.
Otherwise there would be no contributions from Roman/Arvid in the log and they
would be marked as "pnowoj...@users.noreply.github.com
<mailto:pnowoj...@users.noreply.github.com>” as well, and they are not.

So I’m restating (very strong from my side) -1 for removing rebase and merge.

Piotrek