Hi, Everyone.

Google is running its Season of Docs [1] program again this year. The goal
of the program is to pair open source organizations/projects with
professional technical writers to improve their documentation.

The Flink community submitted an application in 2019 (led by Konstantin)
[2,3], but was unfortunately not accepted into the program. This year, I'm
volunteering to write and submit the proposal in the upcoming weeks. To
achieve this, there are a few things that need to be sorted out in advance:

   -
*Mentors *Each proposed project idea requires at least two volunteers to
   mentor technical writers through the process. *Who would like to
   participate as a mentor*? You can read about the responsibilities here
   [4].

   -
*Project Ideas *We can submit as many project ideas as we'd like, but it's
   unlikely that more than 2 are accepted. *What would you consider a
   priority for documentation improvement*? In my opinion, reorganizing the
   documentation to make it easier to navigate and more accessible to
   newcomers would be a top priority. You can check FLIP-42/FLINK-12639 [5]
   for improvements that are already under consideration and [6] for last
   year's mailing list discussion.

   - *Alternative Organization Administrator*
   I volunteer as an administrator, but Google requires two. *Who would
   like to join me as an application administrator*?

The deadline is *May 4th *and the accepted projects would kick-off the work
with technical writers on *September 14th*. Let me know if you have any
questions!

Thanks,

Marta

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs