Hi,

first, excellent that you're driving this, Marta!

By now I have made quite some progress on the FLIP-42 restructuring so that is not a good effort for someone to join now. Plus there is also [1], which is about incorporating the existing Flink Training material into the concepts section of the Flink doc.

What I think would be very good is working on the Table API/SQL documentation [2]. We don't necessarily have to take the FLIP as a basis but we can, or we can start from a blank slate. I think the current structure as well as the content is sub-optimal (not good, really). It would be ideal to have someone get to now the system and then write documentation for that part of Flink that has both good structure and content and nicely guides new users.

I would be very happy to mentor that effort.

Best,
Aljoscha

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rea9cbfffd9a1c0ca6f78f7e8c8497d81f32ed4a7b9e7a05d59f3b2e9%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=127405685