+1 on setting up our own Slack instance (PMC owned)
+1 for having a separate discussion about setting up a discussion forum (I
like the idea of using GH discussions)

Besides, we still need to investigate how
> http://apache-airflow.slack-archives.org works, I think
> a slack of our own can be easier to set up the archive.

This is the code used by airflow: https://github.com/ashb/slackarchive. I'm
happy to look into setting up the archive for the community.