David Crossley wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

David Crossley wrote:

We need to be continually cleaning up our Jira issue tracker.
There is a lot of clutter and it means that we cannot have a
good view of our situation.

We recently defined a stack categories. That helps to provide
other ways to browse the outstanding issues.

Today i removed the 0.6.1 release version. That helps with the
Roadmap because now we can see the 0.8 issues too.

That Roadmap shows a stack of issues marked as occuring against
HEAD version and then another stack against 0.7 version.

Should all the 0.7 ones be moved to HEAD, or the other way around,
should all HEAD issues be moved to 0.7 version?

I reckon the latter, move HEAD to 0.7 version. Then we should
remove "HEAD version" as an option in Jira.

What do others reckon?

+1 - this seems to have the most meaning when we have 0.7 out the door. Perhaps this should be part of the release process. Everything marked as head during the code freeze should be moved to the upcoming release.

Yeah that is what i did last release.

What i am proposing now is an extra step. Remove the option
"HEAD version" entirely from Jira. I think it is superfluous.

Sorry - I'm reading too fast this morning.

If a bug is introduced into head (i.e. wasn't in the previous release) where would it go? The next release due I suppose.

Seems fine to me.

Would it be worth naming the next release 0.8-dev and then renaming to 0.8 when it is released? (not sure if Jira allows this, I assume it does).

Ross