Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thanks David!
> Looks like a pretty comprehensive roundup to me.

Thanks to you too. Big effort.

> Important perhaps to clarify our goals:
>
> - Simplify maintenance and updates
> - Simplify the structure for users
> - Create the ability to keep as many old releases online w/o extra
>   efforts just as well as retire the easily if we want to.
>
> > The main things to note are:
>
> > * There is a new tab "Other Versions" which provides access
> > to 0.6 and 0.8-dev docs. They are not in place yet, but you can
> > see where they will fit.
>
> Each version here has all the documents the where previously found in
> the Docs-Tab in exactly the same menu structure. The integrity of
> links is preserved so that references in versioned docs will take you
> to the document within the same version.

[ snip ]

> So now all versioned documentation is under one roof and in one menu.

So the people who download the 0.7 release, will have an integrated
local copy of the 0.7 docs and the past 0.6 docs, no mention of 0.8-dev.

For developers working on the trunk, following the 0.7 release
there also be 0.8-dev directory using a base of the 0.7 docs.

--David