David Crossley wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

Addi wrote:

David Crossley wrote:

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

<snip valuable background information/>
...snip lots of good discussion...

My reasoning is that we can ensure that this "newbies" can learn the
apache way to it fullest (which is one of the most important point in
the process to become a PMC member) without the "pressure" to be an
official PMC member.

There are *no* additional requirements to being a PMC member than there are to being a committer, therefore no additional "pressure". ...

(I need to clarify Ross' statements, so i split this
paragraph apart. Also it is good to build upon this,
to ensure that everyone who cares can know our background.)

The PMC as a whole does have additional responsibilities:
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#roles

Yes, bad wording on my part. Thanks for the clarification.

What I meant to say was that being a PMC member does not bring any additional __demands on the time of the member__. However as David points out, there are additional responsibilities which will sometimes (not always) see a little extra time being committed to the project.

The important thing is there is no additional *expectation*, just more *opportunity* for earning karma through the meritocracy system.

Ross