Ross Gardler wrote:

> We can drastically improve things by creating the new config we need to
> support multiple sites. This way each of the docs sets (0.6, 0.7,
> 0.8-dev), each of the plugin docs, the project information, the users
> docs, the developer docs etc. could be made to be separate "sites" and
> therefore be built independently.

I'm not in favor of splitting docs into several sites:

-  (After readings Anils proposal) I see no way of smoothly
   integrating the resulting sites with one another. By smoothly
   integrating I mean that older docs will be shown as a sub tab of a
   site that otherwise shows current docs. Am I missing something?

-  The current size is not big and I like the fact that our own docs
   show us how Forrest performs on sites with more pages.

   So if we find Forrest to be slow on our own docs-site, lets address the
   performance problem.

- If that is not an option or will not improve performance enough, I'd
  like to look for a solutions that will not require change the current
  functionality of the site:

   For example create a mechanism to insert such docs as late as
   possible in the pipeline so that only the last stages of skinning
   need to be done. In other words create a content type that tells
   Forrest to take a document _as is_ and skin it.

--
Ferdinand Soethe