> > What are the best ways of
> > approaching it? (avoiding building unchanged document is the obvious first
> > step I guess)
>
> Well yes, but that issue is complex. Evidently
> Ferdinand talked with Cocoon people at ApacheCon
> and might now have some answers.

Ferdinand, I'd also like to know what you discovered with the Cocoon
folks on this not building unchanged everything.

> One thing to bear in mind is that each time we
> enhance the pelt skin, then *all* pages need to
> be re-generated even though their content hasn't changed.
>
> Also adding a new page means changes to the navigation menu
> which means regenerating lots of pages that haven't changed.

For these two, skin changes and navi changes, this may be really dumb
(haven't fully thought it through) but how bad would it be to have a
different target for builds intended for a web server so that we could
utilize server side includes?

forrest site (builds the complete site as is now)
forrest web-site (builds the complete site using SSI)

--tim