Thorsten Scherler wrote:
El jue, 15-01-2009 a las 14:07 +0100, Andrzej Bialecki escribió:
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
Now, I need to index the content of a Forrest site in Solr, using a custom schema - e.g. the "id" in my case should be equivalent to the full URL of the page of the deployed site.
You have seen http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest and
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/
Yes, but that documentation is not helpful for a newbie like me. It lists some configuration snippets without telling where to put them.

Basically, I need a step-by-step instruction how to generate _static_ Solr documents output, exactly like the one here http://192.168.0.251:8888/index-creation.solr.add - but this one is generated dynamically, i.e. requires a running instance of forrest, and I need to generate it statically.

Hmm, I @work and I guess our firewall is not letting me check the link.
However it seems that you already has done the part of patching the xsl.

Ah, sorry - yes, it's my local IP. It should be this:

http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/index-creation.solr.add

Actually did you run "forrest" and not "forrest run". If the page is
link from your pages then it will created static. No extra work no
further configuration.

I did run "forrest", and all other static pages have been created. Where should I expect the solr docs? alongside the html/pdf docs?

Makes me curious why you need a static index-creation.solr.add and why
not using http://192.168.0.251:8888/index-creation.solr.add.do directly
and let forrest inject the document.

Because I want to control myself when and how the documents are submitted to Solr.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><