Thorsten Scherler wrote:

Actually did you run "forrest" and not "forrest run". If the page is
link from your pages then it will created static. No extra work no
further configuration.
I did run "forrest", and all other static pages have been created. Where should I expect the solr docs? alongside the html/pdf docs?

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/your-project.html

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/linking.html

All files that are linked from either
- site.xml
- tab.xml
- anyOtherXmlHavingALinkToTheDoc.html
are genrated along the e.g. html file in the path they are defined by
the link.

Yes, this is clear, but I don't understand how this is relevant to my question. Does it mean that I should add <a href="index.solr.add"> in one of my documents?

If you run forrest in the solr plugin it will actually connect to your
solr server and inject the documents.

I don't understand what you're saying - what does it mean to "run forrest in the solr plugin"?

You will find index.solr.add in build/site/.

Apparently I'm still missing some vital step - after building the site I can see index.html and index.pdf, but no index.solr.add .

Makes me curious why you need a static index-creation.solr.add and why
not using http://192.168.0.251:8888/index-creation.solr.add.do directly
and let forrest inject the document.
Because I want to control myself when and how the documents are submitted to Solr.

ok, you can do the first one as well with forrest and the second with
limitation.

Sorry, this really doesn't answer my question - you assume that I can keep forrest running and use it to submit Solr documents, which I don't want to do for various reasons. In such case, is it possible to generate the Solr docs statically, or not?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><