.NET libraries can be written in any language that supports compilation to
CLI. This includes C++/CLI, C#, F#, etc. [1]. Your project need not be
written in the same language as the library. This is why I would suggest we
not name the client library after the language we used to write it.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CLI_languages