I don't really like the idea of adding a separate command. It really is the
same command - you just want to have the parallel flag interact with other
options. A separate command would be more confusing for users, and more of
a maintenance issue as we add more options to export.

Having a --path that could be a file or directory depending on whether your
export is parallel or serial also seems unintuitive.  Kirk's idea of
mutually exclusive options seems more reasonable. Or better yet, just add
--dir and make it work the same way for both serial and a parallel exports
- we generate a files and put them in that directory.

-Dan