Dan - LGTM check it in! ;-) (kidding of course)

Jake - there is a side effect to this in that the user would have to
reimport all their data into the user defined region too.  Client apps
would also have to know which of the regions to put into.. also, I may be
misunderstanding this suggestion, completely.  In either case, I'll support
whoever implements the changes :-P