+1 to cherry-picking the fix.

The sha hasn't made it to benchmarks yet due to an issue with CI losing
resource refs that were needed to keep it moving through the pipeline. The
next commit is still about an hour away from triggering benchmarks.
In my manual benchmarking of this change, I found that it resolved the
issue with SSL and passed the benchmarks. Obviously we still need to
confirm that it works through the main pipeline, but I feel confident that
it will pass the benchmark job.

Thanks,
Helena Bales (they/them)