@Dan,

I will add my -1 to this.

I understand your argument of "let's solve the problem by removingĀ  the offender".

But in reality who is the offender? Is it the one class that is using an "internal" api OR is it the implementation itself that is to tightly coupled that extending it is impossible?

STDG right now is trying to create a test, to test functionality that requires it to inject/mock a Pool. The smallest piece of the code, not the WHOLE PoolManager. But the system does not allow for the injection of a `Pool` (which btw all the methods on the `PoolManagerImpl` has as arguments). It casts every generic `Pool` to its implementation. This is a very limiting factor.

I understand that delaying a release is not optimal, but how much effort to we believe it to be to clean up the code that so tightly couples implementations together.

I think we also must not forget thatĀ  John, like many of us, is a committer and PMC member on Geode. He also happens to be the main committer on SDG, SBDG, SSDG, STDG. But if he feels that a release should not go out without fixing a limiting feature to the Geode project, then he may do so.

I also feel that this is a limiting factor.

The only difference is that I am not the main committer on the Spring data projects for Geode. John is merely trying to get the best outcome for both projects.

--Udo