The only use I can see for them is implementing a database table container
concept similar to an RBDMS on top of Geode, but since they provide no real
inherited or implied functionality (access/visibility, shared properties,
security, etc.) it would seem they are of little use. Maintaining a clean core
and allowing users of the project to build this type of functionality on top
seems better.
Bob