On May 27, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On May 27, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Clearly, we need something like this to get organized around the final push for certification and the 1.0 release, by why not just branch for the stable, and head is unstable?

The names are just suggestions - "trunk", "head", "unstable", whatever.

The important thing is that you can easily checkout and build each tree on its own so we can't have both stable and unstable branches of modules (e.g. transaction) under trunk.

right - this is SVN, so the standard branching model actually doesn't work. We'll need the branches outside of /trunk anyway

so we have /trunk and /branches/stable and /branches/unstable, the former for release work, and the latter for really nutty stuff that people want to work on, and head is where mainline development continues?

(What I'm saying is that I agree with you... we have no real choice because of how SVN does branches. We clearly need to separate stable from unstable ongoing work)

geir

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]