Jeff Genender wrote:
Because its not just us that affects this. Its anyone outside of geronimo who uses these jars in the fashion that they are named. It will likely cause them more JIRA issues for why their example wars don't work, with the answer being the name of the war is in the URL. So it may be a negative for them. We to get their input on this before doing it.

I assumed that the version-level being part of the war filename is just part of the landscape when using ibiblio as a remote maven repository.

Consumers of the repository need to account for this and provide a mechnism for overriding the context-root for the application when appropriate. My $.02..

Of course, as you point out, the opinion that really counts is the Tomcat community. Have/can you approach them with the issue?

Thanks for helping out here!

-Dave-