Looks like I sent this to the wrong thread:

This is about: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855

Hmm this seems bad. I was able to reproduce the problem on port 8443
only but _all_ portlets failed in this way. So the console is pretty
much unusable on port 8443. Can somebody else verify these findings?

Jarek