Jarek Gawor wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
Looks like I sent this to the wrong thread:

This is about: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855

Hmm this seems bad. I was able to reproduce the problem on port 8443
only but _all_ portlets failed in this way. So the console is pretty
much unusable on port 8443. Can somebody else verify these findings?

Yep. Looks like a bug. Don't see this as a security exposure. So, not sure
why you want to discuss here.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855 would seem like the
appropriate location to work on getting this fixed. Do you disagree?

But, IMHO, this is not just a bug it is a major bug where one of the
important pieces of Geronimo functionality is simply not working on
port 8443. Personally, I would have voted -1 on the release if I
realized the full scope of this bug sooner. But maybe that's just me..
so I would like to know what other people think about this problem. If
it's just me, that's fine. If not, maybe we should consider
withdrawing the release. Although the admin console is working fine on
port 8080 and maybe that's good enough.

Jarek

I agree that this is a significant bug but given the current state of the release and the fact that there is a work-around (although I admit that it's hardly perfect) I think it makes sense to fix this in a 2.1.1 release. IMO, this issue makes it all the more important to get 2.1.1 out without delay.

Joe