Joe,

1. I agree on releasing samples collectively

2. My opinion on when to release is that they should be at the very least concurrent with each release, if not slightly before. I believe functional, relevant samples can help reduce barrier to entry.

3. As far as where to keep the source to the samples -Definitely within SVN

4. Mirrored versioning is a must.

5. Since we are really pushing the plugin format in general, it's probably a good idea to have the samples themselves be in all plugin format

Additionally - We need to figure a way to work in the migration examples. Right now they exist only as .zip files attached to wiki articles. I am working on putting the proper license/notice files in them, as well as the asf headers.
There are a couple hitches though.
1. where to put them (I was thinking maybe just under samples/branches/ #/migration-<samplename>) 2. They are mostly made to be compiled with ant for ease of deploying on either jboss or geronimo depending on the build - is this a problem at all?

Thanks,
Erik B. Craig
[EMAIL PROTECTED]