On May 15, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

Hey, so now the plugins are doing the trick... yay... thanks David!

But, now I'm wondering, when the server loads, it shows those plugins loading, which is fine I guess... but I'm wondering if they are eating up memory or building classpath muck that is never going to be used by the server (or well, not until we get support for running an rshd instance in the server).

Hmm, how are they added to the config? If they are ancestors of j2ee- system then they get into the base geronimo classloader. Most likely they are getting started but the resulting classloader is not a parent of anything.

We can prevent them from even starting by having another "server" configuration that they are specified for in the plugin goo, similar to how the client-* plugins work.

thanks
david jencks

--jason