On Mar 6, 2009, at 8:52 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:

I as user see Geronimo not as GBeans nor as OSGI server, I see it as JEE
server.
So my requirements are to have a server
- that runs standard JEE applications
- without changes necessary
- on an Apache licensed server

Therefore the change to OSGI should be transparent to users, I wouldn't want
to have to specify OSGI dependencies for JEE applications.
If there is OSGI below, fine. If I can use it, fine. But it should not be
necessary for standard JEE apps.

Absolutely agree. To the point that I might not have thought to bother stating it -- so I'm glad you did... ;-)

I would expect that OSGi features would become available to JEE users, but they'd not be forced or even expected to use them.