I think the problem is actually

org/objectweb/asm/commons/EmptyVisitor

which I think means some parts of geronimo have been updated to asm 4 (probably
via aries updates) and some are still expecting asm 3.x. (this class is removed
in asm 4 since it's unnecessary)   I think it would be best to make sure all of
karaf and geronimo are using asm 4.  I don't know how much work this will be or
if there will be additional problems.

thanks
david jencks