On 03/06/2012 04:35 PM, Russell E Glaue wrote:
I use eris.apache.org (140.211.11.4) without issue - today at least.

I am located in Illinois. I am plugged into the Illinois Century Network which
connects directly to the major backbone in Chicago.

140.211.11.4 is in Oregon, south of Portland.

If your connection is timing out, there may be a high load of traffic going
through one of your upstream ISPs. Being able to ping a server is different from
maintaining a connection without dropped packets.

This is important for Subversion because it is VERY talkative. If you monitor subversion traffic, which is HTTP, it makes many many requests. This tends to create an environment for lots of potential network related issues.

-RG