On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Daniel Sun <realblue...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andres,
>
> > I'd suggest to release 2.5.0-beta and 3.0-ea together. Just like the JDK
> > team has been posting JDK9 EA releases, we could do the same. We know for
> > a fact we're going to break things, so let's make sure the public has
> > ample time to test out the changes.

I like the idea of turning master into 2_5_X and releasing a beta and then
rebranding master as 3.0 and master would have parrot, jdk8 min, and indy
as default.  Only thing is that I think it would be good to release a 2.5
beta and not wait until a 3.0 ea is ready, since I think it would take some
time to prep master for a release of a 3.0 ea.