Back in March I wrote [1] about the choice facing our community to
either find a new goal for Apache Harmony, or move the project under the
responsibility of the Apache Attic project [2].

There has been no significant activity in Apache Harmony since, so it
would seem appropriate to make the move.  I will start a vote (on a new
thread) for you to express your opinion.

The Apache Attic project has a separate PMC who would take over
responsibility for the Harmony code repository, mailing lists, etc.
This ensures the continued oversight of the project's assets in place of
the Harmony PMC.

While there will be no more releases of Apache Harmony after it moves to
the Attic, there is no impact to the license or terms available to
users.  If a group of people choose to work on Harmony again then the
resources can be reinstated under a new PMC at the approval of the Board.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Apache Harmony over the years!

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ah5f42h4p2bhub6o
[2] http://attic.apache.org

Regards,
Tim