Understood, but I hope my clarification helped to rectify that. I was not in
any way claiming REST is not current, but merely was commenting on the fact
that the thread had drifted off into a general PB or not discussion. I still
believe Thrift2 is the way to go forward and will work on it. I have started
looking at the JIRAs, but they are not very conclusive:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=-4&jql=project%20%3D%20HBASE%20AND%20component%20%3D%20Thrift%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20ORDER%20BY%20createdDate%20DESC

I was wondering if someone knows what the known issues are. But I can work
through that list and check the Thrift2 API against the client API to see what
is amiss.

Lars