Thanks Stack for pushing us.

For packaging, I think we should fix:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6929 (same for 0.94 and 0.96)

For migration, there are some steps that the a user has to perform before
going to 0.96 (recompile with 0.96, select hadoop1 or hadoop2, some minor
class renamings, etc), we should document these steps in the book. (I don't
remember we already have an open jira for this.)

For testing, IT tests are rapidly improving. We will also start running
those (or a subset of those) against 0.96.

Enis