On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:

> > +Packaging
>
> I would like to help you on this. Can do packaging and testing using the
> Bigtop framework. I see HBASE-8187, but it's resolved. Elsewhere we
> can coordinate? Could open a Bigtop jira. Whatever you prefer.

I was most concerned about
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8224-- publishing to mvn.
That is what has me stumped at the moment.

I love the idea of bigtop packaging.  Should we do new issue for that?  Or
just use 8224.  It has a few watchers -- downstreamers -- so it might be
better to hang there at least at first.

> > +Migration
>
> As part of the above. Test by starting with an 0.94 install on a small
> cluster, load up some data, shut down and upgrade packages, try to
> (re)launch...

Yes, following the (as-yet-incomplete) instruction here:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#upgrade0.96

> > What else?
>
> I beg your patience as RM. Some guys here have been working diligently for
> the past couple of months on something that is in our estimation 0.96able.
> Won't go into it here because they have been passing around a proposal for
> dev@ since the weekend, to make sure it says what they want. Will be out
> in
> the next day or so for the consideration of all.

Ain't no need to beg.  Lets have a look at it before making a call.  I'll
spare the rehearsal that it is very late in the game, etc., etc., and that
it unlikely that a *design* at this stage will make the cut given completed
patches may not make it for want of review, etc., etc .... But lets see.

Thanks Andrew,
St.Ack