Heya!

Now that 2.3.x is in maintenance mode, I'd like to start a discussion on
2.4. We've long agreed that a more frequent cadence of minor releases is
superior to a long gap between them. I think we should target a 2.4.0
release sometime before the end of the calendar year, perhaps the first
weeks of December.

Hopefully the workload for the next release manager isn't as high as it was
for 2.3, given that much of the test stabilization effort happened on
branch-2. However, we are running in a new jenkins environment, and entropy
is nothing if not persistent, which puts that hard-won stability back into
doubt. Thus, I think it would be good if we can start sooner than later.

Would anyone like to volunteer to run the 2.4 release line? The level of
effort is admittedly non-negligible: (1) stabilize branch-2 (2) test
new-for-branch-2 features (3) run initial release (4) cut monthly patch
releases until 2.5 is out. I have a strong interest in seeing this release
through, so I volunteer to assist with these activities.

Thanks,
Nick