On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 01:12 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 12/05/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client
> >  4.1-alpha2. The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
> >  HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> >  three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
> >
> >  Packages:
> >  http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-alpha2/
>
> Please can you upload the Maven packages as well, so we can vote on those too?
>
> Should be largely a formality if the main packages are OK, but they do
> need to be voted on.

Sebastian, we have been through that, haven't we? Only source package
represents an official release artifact that needs to be voted on.
Binary artifacts are merely byproducts. If you want to verify they are
ok, you should build them from source.

My main problem is not with uploading a bunch of files, but the fact you
are changing an established release process in the middle of a release
without prior discussion and a consent from other committers.

Oleg