Am 2017-05-10 um 20:52 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 11:15 -0700, Gary Gregory wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org

wrote:

One personal request. Do you think you could try to make your
commits
less granular and combine logically related changes into larger
change
sets?

Old habits die hard. Git might indeed make this better. If you
want
to add
this to the style guideline on the site, it will help all
contributors,
present and future.

Hi Gary

I do not think it would be possible to enforce it through a style
check
or a commit hook as there are legitimate reasons for one line
commits.

Please do not get me wrong. I have no intentions of changing your
way
of working. I fully respect other people's habits. What I am asking
is
your consent to squash some of your commits (combining small
related
commit into a larger one).

Oh sure, feel free to do what you want. I did read something a long
time
ago warning git users about fiddling with repo history, but since we
have a
master repo and we are not truly using git in a distributed way, that
should not hurt us.

Of course, re-writing history can break forks, but we are not Linux
kernel. I am not aware of a single fork maintained externally. Besides,
rewriting would be limited to the most recent commits. No one is going
to rewrite history more than a few days back.

INFRA won't allow that. Master is a propertive branch as far as I know.