On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we do a 1.0.0 release there is no problem with us later releasing 14.1
> or a 14.2. I think everyone would understand that the 14.2 being released
> after 1.0.0 would likely have back ported features. Releasing a 15.0 after
> 1.0 would not make as much sense as we probably do not want two active
> branches.

I assume you inadvertently missed the "0." before 14 and 15.
I think everybody agrees that releasing a 0.15 which is a super set of
changes of 1.0 would be a bad idea, and it 0.15 should become 1.1 .
1.0 branch would be used to release any further maintenance fixes if
necessary (eg 1.0.x) (ie it is a 1.0.x release branch and not a 1.x.x
branch)

> I understand why this happens but I think it is a bit hokie. Would anyone
> be happy if hive depended on
> "git-edwardcapriolo-coolutils-0.0.0-snapshot-5". So if we are having the
> "serious 1.0 talk" we should avoid things like this.

I agree we should not have releases depending on snapshots. This is no
longer an issue in 0.14 branch.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE