[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   Make CACHE_IN and CACHE_CONDITIONAL AP_FTYPE_CONTENT filters.  Comtemplating
>   making a new filter type, AP_FTYPE_CACHE.  We need to run CACHE_IN immediately
>   after the handlers are done and before we run the content through any filters.

In the original design the cache should be run as the very first
handler, and the very last filter.

This means that the gzip filter (for example) should run before the
cache filter, so that gzipped data ends up in the cache, thus to save
space within the cache, and save processing power when delivering
content to clients.

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                "There's a moon
                                        over Bourbon Street
                                                tonight..."

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature