In a message dated 01-09-03 19:12:38 EDT, Marc slemko wrote...

> > Marc,
>  >
>  > Rather than continue this thread let's see if we can put this subject
>  > into the end zone.
>
>  There are numerous unresolved issues and unanswered questions that
>  have been brought up.  The only way to get anywhere is to change them
>  from unresolved to resolved and unanswered to answered and go from there.

That's right.... and one of them is...

Will Apache accept ZLIB into the Apache source tree in either
source or binary library format for all platforms.

Check one box only...

[__] Yes
[__] No

>  > >> Think then act, not the other way around.
>  >
>  > Then vote on it. Either +1 or -1 on including mod_gzip into the Apache
>  > distribution.
>
>  "thinking" == discussing the issues and coming to a conclusion
>  "acting" == voting based on that conclusion and then implementing
>  the results of the vote
>
>  Note again: think _then_ act.
>
>  There isn't even any code to vote on.

Yes, there is... Ian's mod_gz.

>  >
>  > Simple.
>
>  Ok, so what you are saying by not wanting to continue discussion
>  on the issues raised or to answer the questions presented to you
>  is that you aren't interested in working with us to contribute a
>  2.0 mod_gzip to Apache.

Horseshit. Read the thread.

> That is, of course, a decision that you
> are free to make.  But make sure you understand that it is _you_
>  deciding this, not anyone else.

That's right... it's OUR decision.

If we have decided to wait until the Server doesn't have as many
problems as it does right now before we get entangled in this
2.0 mess along with you... and that decision prevents a wildly
successful and useful codebase from becoming part of the
Apache distribution even at some future date... then so be it
( and you can kiss my ass ).

Go ahead and add Ian's weekend-warrior filtering demo RIGHT NOW
and start hacking on it to make it real. Good luck to you.

That's just what Apache needs right now... another half-baked
half-finished module sitting in the source tree.

>  Alright then, end of thread.

Don't bet on it.

Yours...
Kevin Kiley